Tuesday, March 23, 2010

For God So Loved the World.....


That is the sentiment on the Easter card I have made this time. I am making this for 2 challenges this week. One is new to me. It is Our Creative Corner. They want an Easter theme this week. The other is a challenge site that I often give a try - Stamp Something Fun. They also want an Easter theme this week. If either of these links don't work, they are both in my sidebar.

The sentiment and lovely cross image came from a clear stamp set called "Spiritual Sketches" from Inkadinkado. The blue card base is 5 x 7. I cut and dry embossed white card stock with a Label 4 Nestie and stamped my cross image there with brown Brilliance ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. I do like the way that slightly raises the lines in my images - which makes it easier for me to color with my Copics. I did use a glue pen to adhere a few lines of Crystal P.K. Glitz glitter at the top of the cross to simulate a sort of glow coming off of it. The sentiment was also done with brown ink and clear ep. I did this on a small rectangle of white cs. I then rounded the top corners and used a Martha Stewart border punch on the bottom. I adhered both white cs pieces with EK's 3D Dots for dimension. I adhered K & Co's Smitten self-adhesive ribbon in white to the left side of the card, along with 2 little blue Offray bows. I added the brown Pink Paislee rub on vine to the right side. I cut out a little butterfly from some vintage pp from my stash and adhered. Also added 3 white pearls on the top right corner. Oh yes, the little brown heart by the sentiment is also a PP rub on.

Thanks so much for looking! I love all the cute Easter cards with bunnies and such. I make quite a few of them. However, I really love this card, as it reminds us of the reason we celebrate

Easter in the first place! It is amazing to think that the Lord gave His only Son to die this way for us. Of course, the fact that Jesus rose again in 3 days is the true message of the cross! How marvelous that those who believe in Him and love Him as our Lord and Savior will also rise and be with Him in Heaven! What a wonderful blessing, and may all of you have a blessed day!

1 comment:

cabio's craft corner said...

This is a lovely Easter card Lynn :o)
Hugs,
Cabio