Thursday, April 14, 2011

An Easter Card

Well, I can't believe that the last time I posted, I was showing you Valentines! Now I am with an Easter Card I wanted to share with you. I have this cute stamp with dancing bunnies from Cowtown Stamps.  I just love their stamps, and I wanted to use this one for Easter.  My problem was how to use Easter Bunnies (kind of) in a card, but still get across the real message of Easter. Sooooo........ I used Pink Paislee alpha stickers to spell out REJOICE, and then inside I computer generated text to tell WHY they are rejoicing............BECAUSE HE IS RISEN!!!!  I kinda like how that worked out and hope you do too.

My base card is white. I used a teal Coredinations cardstock as the next layer, and the layer on top of that is designer paper from a company I love more and more......Echo Park.  I cut out a Nesties Label 1 diecut (using the back side of the Echo Park dp), edged it with some glimmery Smooch, adhered it, and stamped a few flowers, leaves and grass on the bottom. Then I took the bunnies that I had colored with Copics and cut out, and I adhered them with 3D dots for dimension. I added the lovely silky ribbon from American Crafts and placed a pearl in the center. I cut out some white cardstock, adhered the alphas for REJOICE and used gemstones to dot my i and j.

Since I used the Smooch and the Gemstones, I believe this qualifies me for Tuesday Throwdown's challenge this week, which calls for bling and sparkle! They are giving a wonderful stamp set from The Greeting Farm, if you'd like to play along!
I am also entering Creative Inspiration's challenge this week. Their challenge is do make something for Easter. I think I have that covered! They are giving away 4 digis from Meljen's Designs to the winner. I absolutely love their digis!
Btw, here is the inside of the card.....you know, where I explain why the bunnies are rejoicing. lol 



Christ is risen indeed!!!  I just couldn't leave that out!! 
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I would promise to post more often, but I am afraid you have heard it all before! : )
                                                                      

2 comments:

NGCARDS said...

A gorgeous Easter Project hun! Thanks for joining in with our Easter Challenge over at Creative Inspirations Wednesday's Challenge Blog! xxx

Sandy Ang said...

how cute is this card. loving the colours !