Sunday, September 7, 2014

Sketch Challenge at ODBD


Hello all!  I have not been posting (or even on my computer, for that matter) for quite a while. My computer has been down with blue screens and crashes. It drove me crazy, but I am happy to say that I finally fixed it ALL BY MY LITTLE SELF! Lol.  I am kind of proud of myself for doing that, too - can't you tell?  Big Smile.  Anyway, I am in a hurry because I got everything fixed in time to make a card for the latest challenge at Our Daily Bread.  This time they had a sketch challenge. Here is the sketch:



Sometimes I have trouble with sketch challenges, but I was pretty happy with the way this one turned out. The image I used is from ODBD.  It is from their Cat Sympathy Set. I love the kitty image. I colored it with Copics and cut it out with a Spellbinders Scalloped Oval Die,  The little sentiment came from ODBD's Rose Bouquet Set.  Here is my card that I'm posting at the very last minute! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

 






3 comments:

Andrea D. La Vigne said...

What an adorable card, Lynn! Love the coloring on the cat, and a wonderful interpretation of the sketch. Great job fixing your computer, too--I'll bet you're glad of that! :)

CherylQuilts said...

Ah, Lynn, first of all woohoo for you for getting your computer back up and running!! And I'm so glad you were able to join us for the ODBD Shining the Light challenge!! I struggle with sketches too, but you've really made a beauty, and I love this little kitty!! What beautiful coloring, and it's perfect for the sketch!! Thanks for joining us, and I hope to see you for a new challenge coming tomorrow!! Hugs!

Alshandra said...

Well done on getting your computer back up and running! I know how difficult they can be! Gorgeous card! You've coloured the cat beautifully and I love how you've added all the layers and the lovely sentiment and embellishments! Thanks so much for joining us in the ODBD Shining the Light sketch challenge - glad you made it! Elizabeth