Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Mini Album Crazy


Here I am again, mad at myself for not keeping up with this blog. I was doing a pretty good job, too! Oh well, all I can do is apologize to myself, forgive myself, and start fresh - which is exactly what I am going to do. Isn't life grand?


I have been busy dealing with all sorts of "real life" stuff. We have pretty much decided that dh is going to make a career change, and I am going to stay home (for the most part) and not only play more with my art but see about focusing more on the business aspect of it again. That means fun, and right now a big part of that is mini albums! I can't get them out of my mind. I have searched the net for mini albums, just to LOOK at them, cause I love every aspect of them. I have gotten out my old ones and looked those over (which is why I posted a pic of a few I have made and still have), and I have made plans for the new ones I intend to make. I am making a chipboard one for Father's Day for an uncle and also a couple of others for Father's Day to sell (I hope!). These are harder for me, since I tend to lean toward a girly style with lots of embellishments. So I have to think MASCULINE.

Also am going to be working on an 8 x 8 anniversary mini for a cousin. He is giving it to his parents (my dh's aunt and uncle) for their 50th (yes, 50th!) wedding anniversary. I can't wait to get going on this one! I have also kinds of pretty papers and embellishments collected, including some of the new Prima flowers with tulle and pearl-like buttons, known as Bonnet Blooms. They are so perfect for a wedding lo or album! Actually, they would be great for a baby album, a heritage album.......perhaps Prima would like for me to do an advertisment for them? lol


Clear acetate albums are something I really want to play with, too. I do have a Bind-It-All, and I think i will probably do some minis with a combination of acetate and chipboard.


I am planning on doing a mini album challenge this month at The Attic. In fact, I haven't even mentioned it yet! I also have been planning a clear card challenge. Time to start planning and start challenging, I suppose! We also have an ATC swap going on (that you are still welcome to join) with the theme of clocks and time. I think this will be a fun one. Leave a comment if you are interested or look for swaps at The Attic site. The link is under my favorites (to the right) if the one in this post doesn't work.


Off to work on all my new projects!

No comments: