Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Catching Up Again! Christian Paper Crafts and My Sketch World

Olivia and Max -Beautiful Wonders is a perfect title for this pair!

Hello everyone. I cannot believe it has been this long since I have posted to this blog! I could have posted a smiley face and said Hello, at least. Unfortunately, my life and my brain has been scattered all over the place, and obviously I haven't blogged at all. I could blame Matt being home from school for Thanksgiving, but I didn't see him enough to blame him. Cant' blame Thanksgiving cause I didn't cook for a crowd this year. Poor dh didn't even get to come home for Thanksgiving. So, I'll stop looking for excuses, even though there are a few valid ones. I will take a minute to share a few things with you.

First, Cindy at Christian Paper Crafts needed some help on the forum. I asked what I could do and was very happy and honored when she asked if I would give the journaling questions for the Faith Journals we keep there. I did my first question today and will be doing them every Wed and Sat. Patter was doing them, but she has stepped down from CPC. Big shoes to fill! Fortunately, I only have to fill one little part of them! I have been praying for God to show me how I can get more involved in combining my love of scrappy things and stamping, etc. with my love of the Lord. This is a wonderful start!


Thought I would show you a card I did for them today. The reference for it is CPCCAS30. It is for their Case Card Saturday Challenge. I cased a card from their gallery done by Barb. She used a Tilda (from Magnolia) on her card, and used a Spellbinder's embossed oval for her sentiment. I am happy to say that I used a 50% off coupon and FINALLY got my first spellbinder's die. I got the Large Oval Nestabilities. I used them in my Sizzix BigKick and had no problem. I did have to use the Spellbinder's tan embossing mats and fold some cs to use as a shim, but it was a breeze. I'd be glad to help anyone that has questions about that process in their Sizzix. So here is my card:



I colored my Tilda with Copics and also a little Azure Smooch for part of the flowers. I chalked the backgrounds of the image & the sentiment. I used Stickles to outline the edge of the Spellbinder's embossed oval. The pp is My Mind's Eye. I really enjoy coloring with my Copics. It is so relaxing. I also love to do chalking. It is sooooo forgiving! Need to use my chalks more.


As you may know, MSW, along with Dixie Pieces, has been having a month long crop. The girls really got into it, and there are so many beautiful creations in the galleries there from the "Use Your Stash" crop. Everyone certainly did. My good friend Ginni had over 10,000 points, which means LOTS of creations! There were a few people that had even more points than Ginni. Everyone should go to the gallery and have a look. Leave some luv while you are at it! (I still need to do that). I only had time to do a few creations for the crop, but here are a couple of the cards I made and also the lo I made of my darling neice and nephew, Olivia and Max, which is at the top of this post.
This card was made for a distressing challenge. I think you can see where I used my CTMH edge distresser and inked the edges. The image is a free image from an old Stampington magazine! I love it!




The next card was made for a challenge where a transparency had to be used on the card. I used some Hamblen transparencies on some holiday silver cs.




I made a few more creations, including a lo of Missy when she was in kindergarten. However, I am just out of time. I hope to get back here tomorrow and show you a couple of other things, including the lo of Missy. I KNOW she wants everyone to see a photo of her in kindergarten!
Have a blessed night!





1 comment:

Natalie said...

Hi Lynn! So glad you are joining the team at Christian Paper Crafts!! Whoo-hoo, we are excited that you've said yes to the "challenge." Blessings!