Sunday, May 23, 2010

Christian Paper Crafts Bible Verse Thursday Challenge

                                             

Today I want to show you a card I made for Christian Paper Crafts (a link is in my sidebar).  It is such a wonderful site. I encourage you all to visit there. It is filled with many VERY talented papercrafters and devoted sisters in Christ. The fact that I am the journal challenge hostess there has NOTHING to do with my love for the place! lol  One thing is for sure - I have met so many friends who have helped me through this rough period dealing with my fibrogarbage and waiting to hear about my disability. Their prayers on my behalf, along with the prayers of so many other dear friends both off and online, have definitely been heard and answered by the Lord. He has been so awesome.

Now for my confession......I am doing last week's Bible Verse Thursday Challenge. It is technically CPC-BVT54. So I am a week behind, but the great thing at CPC is that there is no time limit on the challenges. You can't beat that! Angella wanted us to do a papercrafted item with an image of hands or a Bible verse having to do with hands. I used Our Daily Bread's set "I Am The Potter".  I love the stamps in this set. It is the first set I bought from ODBD. In fact, it is the only set I have from there SO FAR. I hope to buy more as soon as I have a little cash!

As far as the card goes, the base card is gold Bazzill. The striped pp is from Memory Boutique, as is the blue pp at the top, on which I used my Threading Water border punch. I then adhered gold gems over each hole. I colored the pots with my Copics and a little bit of Smooch in various colors, cut them out, and adhered them with 3D dots to two  2 1/2 in scalloped pieces which I punched out of shiny yellow Gemstones CS with my Paper Shapers. I added one Classy Red Pearl to the center of the pots. The sentiment is stamped in black and heat embossed with clear ep onto a white chipboard oval from Technique Tuesday. I used various colored chalks to color in the background and added 3 Queen & Co. Classy Red Pearls. The chipboard piece was adhered to a 3 1/2 scalloped piece, also punched out of yellow CS with my Paper Shapers. I punched tiny holes in the bottom of the scalloped piece and ran the green cord through it, then tied it in a bow. I also used Ranger Tea Dye Distress Ink on the edge of all the yellow CS.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope I can keep up with more of the challenge at Christian Paper Crafts, and if you stop by again, I'll try to have kept up with my blogging and more challenges. Have a blessed day!