Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Christmas in July at I Brake for Stamps Challenge Blog

I Brake for Stamps now has a challenge blog (I'm  happy to say!), and this week's challenge has been to make a Christmas card. I was SOOOO happy to hear that, since most of the stamps I have from them happen to be Christmas stamps. I finally decided to use their "Cardinals on Holly" stamp. I hadn't used this one yet, and I just love the stamp, but every time I color a cardinal, it looks mean when I get finished with it! lol  Have a look:


I used the "Merry Christmas" stamp from the I Brake for Stamp Christmas plate too. I stamped it and heat embossed it with some slightly glittery embossing powder, which did not show up in this not so wonderful photo. I'm trying to get this in at the last second however, so I couldn't take the time to take a good photo.
Back to the card, the designer paper is from Cosmo Cricket. I used some other dp from my stash to make a tab behind the cardinal panel and to put a musical score at the top of the card. I figure birds sing, so I needed something musical in there! lol  I colored the cardinals and holly with Copics, and chalked the background with some pastel blue and green. I added a button, a piece of lace across the bottom of the card, some rhinestones, and a K & Co. 3D metallic flower next to the sentiment, which I tore out and raised with 3D Dots.
I better to hurry to get this in! As I said, I am entering this in the
I Brake for Stamps Christmas in July Challenge. There is a link to their blog on my side bar also. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! have a blessed day!

                                                                              


1 comment:

Jane Bosi said...

Yay! Thank you for playing along!! Lovely card