Monday, August 15, 2011

Yet Another Christmas Card - Christmas Joy

Hello all. It's been tooo long since my last post. Before I share today's card with you, I want to tell you that I am so excited about the last layout I created in memory of my awesome mom (2 posts down). I am excited because I entered it in Our Daily Bread's Let Your Light Shine Scrapbook Challenge, and I was so honored to be the Let Your Light Shine Award Winner for that month! You can read all about that here, and of course, I now have my award posted in my sidebar. I was so pleased that it was a layout about my mom that won. SHE deserves the award! : )  OK, I could go on and on, but I promise I won't. Just had to share my excitement with you, but now on to today's creation......

Last post, I made a Christmas card using a lovely stamp from I Brake for Stamps. I have several lovely Christmas stamps from them, and I love them all. I wanted to make a card using one of their images again, which means that I made another Christmas card. I need to get started on them, after all! I was pretty happy with this one, especially the sparkle that I was actually able to capture on my camera to some degree.  Here's the card:


I swiped some white acrylic paint onto some green dp in my stash, cut it out with Spellbinder's Nesties Label 4, inked the edges with CTMH White Daisy Ink, and raised it with 3D Dots. I arranged some gorgeous Prima pearl swirls onto the card, added 3 more pearls in the upper right corner, plus a snowflake  and ribbon from my stash, and a "Joy" tag from K & Co which I altered a bit. I also wrote the word "Christmas" with a white gel pen on cs, inked the edges, and adhered it to the ribbon. The poinsetta image is from I Brake for Stamps, as I mentioned previously.  Here is a closeup:



You can see the shimmer, but it has even more shimmer irl! I stamped the image with black pigment ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. I know that everyone advises not doing this with Copics, but it helps me to stay in the lines! lol  I just have to be careful to try to stay away from the ep. So far it works for me!  I colored the poinsettas with Copics RV02, R83, and R85. I then went over that with Smooch - 2 shades of pink and a white frosted top coat (actually, it's almost clear with just a frosty shimmer that's SO PRETTY) called Illuminate. I LOVE the Smooch Pearlized Accent Inks and wish I had all of them! I especially like the Pearlized Top Coat, Illuminate, as you get a very glimmery look without going all out and using glitter. I used it to touch up the snowflake from my stash, so that it would match the pink and green theme.  It's so pretty and so EASY. Maybe "easy" is why I like Smooch so much! lol  Oh, and btw, I colored the leaves with 3 shades of Copics also, and used a shade of gold Smooch in the center of each flower. I then "fussy cut" the image and adhered it with 3D Dots to the label. Finally, here is a closup of the "Joy" tag:



I gave the pink side some extra gleem with a bit of Smooch, and edged it and made the swirls with Liquid Pearls. I then added some pearls and gemstones. I think that about does it.

I'm so glad you stopped by my blog. I would love it if you would leave a comment and tell me what you think. I am entering this card in 2 challenges:
The first is Sparkle Creations Christmas Card Challenges. They have Christmas card challenges every week! This week they want Christmas Cheer or any Christmas card. I am also entering another challenge site that is new to me. It is Fab and Funky Challenges, and this week their theme is "It's Christmas!".  Both of these are in my sidebar, in case there is a problem with the links.
Hope everyone has a wonderful week!
                                                                                     


1 comment:

CarlaKH said...

Lovely! Love the colors you used on the poinsettias! Thanks for joining us at CCC!