Tuesday, February 24, 2009

3D Altered Composition Book


Can't believe that I am here again so quickly! How unlike me, but we are very busy at the Attic perfecting our new kit formats. So we have been looking through the store, trying to decide what might go on sale so that we can get in some new goodies. Jaime suggested that it would be fun for the DT to make some new creations using our store stash.

At the same time, Stamp Something Friday Challenge Blog (the link is under my fav Scrappy Places) is having a challenge this week to make something 3D. So I decided I would use my stash from the MFTA store and make something 3D for the challenge. So first, here is my "before" pic, a plain ole composition book.


As far as my "after" picture, I covered the front with Cherry Arte pp from our store. The swirls and butterfly are Grungeboard, also from our store. I used a clear embossing pad on the Grungeboard, and then used Perfect Pearls on the butterfly, while I inked the swirl with Tim Holtz Distress Ink (also in the store!). The flower is white paper by Making Memories, the lace ribbon is Rusty Picklem and the chipboard crown is by Heidi Swapp. I am unsure where the "create" label is from. I inked a cardboard square with green Distress Ink. I stamped it with an Autumn Leaves "Let it Be" single stamp, also (you got it - from the store!) Wow, I had honestly forgotten how many goodies we had in there! I am ready to shop some more. I guess I need to so that I can keep completing the challenges at the Stamp Something blog! They have some wonderful blog candy if your creation is picked. So get over there and try out this week's challenge.


3 comments:

Jeannette said...

You did a great job with that. It's lovely.

Deb M. said...

Pretty composition book! Love the colors.

TFS...

Anonymous said...

I bought one yesterday thanks for a great idea!