Saturday, April 18, 2009

Happy Birthday HELEN!!!


I want to say Happy Birthday to HELEN, my best friend since I was four years old! I also want to say that she is older than I am......well, ok, only by 2 months exactly, but considering the ages of all my friends and even my hubby, who is several years younger than his little wifey, I love it when people are older than I am! By the way, my other bff, Jill, is also older than I! Isn't life grand? lol

Anyway, Helen will be getting her birthday card late cause I just mailed it yesterday, which is her actual bday. So I told her she could look on my blog and see it on time, but now I have even posted it late. oh well......it's the thought and all that! The thought is really there! She has been like a sister all the time I was growing up as an only child. We had many crazy adventures. Spent lots of summers at Myrtle Beach as teenagers with our other friend Lecia, trying to look older than we were and picking up boys! Oh, I should have scanned a pic and posted it. I know just the one, as a matter of fact. Will try
to do that this afternoon.

Helen lives in VA, where we both grew up, and i'm here in old TN (partial words stolden from a Dan Folgerburg song). I haven't made it back home lately due to my fibrogarbage, so we haven't seen each other for a while. Time for a long phone conversation! Even better would be a visit! Come to see me, girlfriend!

Hope you like the card, Helen! For the cardmakers out there, the kitty stamp is Penny Black. I colored in the image with Copics and Zig markers (need more Copics!). I made the flowered patterned paper by stamping and using a resist technique. Then used Stickles for the glitter. The bday sentiment and balloons were clear stamps inked with a cear embossing pad, and then heat embossed with blue ep. I cut them out and adhered them with popdots for dimension. (Didn't mean to bore you, Helen!) Finally, I added lots of love! (Hope that wasn't too cheesey! lol)

No comments: