Saturday, April 4, 2009

More from the Attic March Card Kit!


Just wanted to take a minute to show you two more cards I made from the March Card Kit at the Attic. There is a pic of the kit in my last post, and a link to our site there and also under my Favorite Scrappy Places. Please come and visit us and see the other cool kits that Jeri has out! As I mentioned last time, the Card Kit is VERY affordable, as all the kits are! If you are interested in tutorials on how I made the cards from the kit, just purchase a kit and you will have access to the VIP card kit forum. Besides tutorials, there are special tips, challenges and RAKS!!!!

The two cards I am posting today are purposefully made almost totally with kit materials! I want everyone to learn that there is SO MUCH you can do with embossing powder and an embossing pen. These 2 items can be stretched to do so much if you are on a budget! For example, in the Happy Easter card, the letters are done with the embossing pen and some copper color embossing powder from my stash. I love the cute Rusty Pickle pp from their Chocolate Bunnies collection. I don't know if you can tell in the picture, but the flower is so shiny irl from the clear ep in the kit.


The "Hi" card is also made using the ep and the pen. It was very easy and inexpensive to make the flowers.......but you'll have to be an Attic "VIP" card member to know those secrets! lol

Thanks for looking at my cards. I did have one made for this Caardvarks Challenge, but hated the way it looked when it scanned. I had done a background made by combining white Lumieres, Perfect Pearls, and water and then stippled these on glossy cs. It really turned out beautifully, but NOT IN THE PIC! I didn't have time to take a pic of it and see if that turned out better than the scanner. That's what I get for waiting until the last minute, because Caardvarks had such a great prize this week! Oh well, maybe I will finally learn not to wait until the last minute! (That will be the day! lol)

No comments: