Sunday, September 27, 2009

Autumn Colors

Hello everyone. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend. I have been busy making creations for the big crop going on at MSW! There are so many awesome challenges going on. I thought I would take a minute though, so show you a card I made for two different challenges elsewhere.


I found a blog that I didn't know about. It is called Creative Inspirations, and right now they are on their 28th challenge, which happens to be to make a card or altered item about Autumn. This worked out well for me, because I already had a card in the works for Christian Paper Creations. I was working on their latest color challenge. That would be CPC-CM23. The colors we are supposed to use are Turquoise, Pumpkin and Cocoa. Sounds yummy, right? I hope my card fits the bill. I have all the required colors but do have a little bit of green around my pumpkins. I hope they will let me slide by! So here is my card:



The base pp is brown with a shiny orange. I wish you could see it irl to see the shine and texture. It is by SEI. The pp adhered next with the turquoise, orange (pumpkin) and more brown is by My Mind's Eye. They have been making gorgeous pp lately. I stamped my images on a cream Basic Grey pp (one side of a two-sided paper). The pumpkins and sentiment (except for the word FALL) are Darcy Clear Stamps. I stamped those with a mixture of orange and rust inks, and of course green for the leaves and swirls. The orange leaves are stamps from River City Stamps. I stamped them with a rust color, colored them in with Copics, cut them out, and fluffed them up before adhering them for some dimension. The word FALL is a Pink Paislee stamp. The flowers are Primas. They are actually turqoise, even though they look more blue. Brown flowers layered on top were attached with copper colored brads.

The link to both of the sites for these challenges are in my sidebar if you would like to take a peek. I am just learning about Creavtive Inspirations, but it looks like a really fun challenge blog with lots of talent. Christian Paper Crafts is a site with a forum etc. There are some wonderful Bible studies going on right now, along with their fun stamping and other crafting challenges. In fact, we will be starting a new book at the first of October called Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World. There is a wonderful group of ladies there who would love to have you join in!

Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you all have a blessed Sunday!

No comments: