Monday, September 7, 2009

My First Autumn Card This Year


This card is the first one I have made this year that has to do with Fall, or Autumn. I love the word "Autumn". I get all kind of images of warm red, orange and yellow leaves in my mind. I can see the crisp look that comes from the sun shining at a different angle. I can feel the slight chill - that slight chill that comes before it begins to get really cold. Now, that is a whole different story. That means that I want to move to the beach and forget winter! But for now, we'll think about Autumn.

I have really been doing lots of stamping lately. I have been devouring every stamping magazine and info online that deals with new stamping techniques. So the card challenge this week at Inspirational Card sketches (link is in my sidebar) was to use this sketch:




What a great sketch! Then..... the challenge at Stamp Something (link in my sidebar, also) is to pick our favorite stamp and use it to make a card. There was also a suggestion to use a punch or diecut when making our card.

However, I could NEVER decide on my fav stamp! So, I picked a stamp by Magnolia that I LOVE. I have had it quite awhile. A very generous online scrappy buddy gave it to me in a swap, along with another Magnolia stamp. This stamp sooo makes me think of Autumn!


So the papers I used seemed like Autumn to me, as well. The background paper is a beautiful sheet from K&Co. It has a touch of glitter in it. The middle panel with the trees is from Bobunny. Don't you love it? The image was stamped on a scrap of Cosmo Cricket with Tuxedo Black Memento ink. I colored it in with a few Copics. The word "Autumn" is a stamp from River City Stamps, and the 2 brackets are Bobunny. The felt ribbon is from my stash, as are the little jewels, which I added for a little bling. Oh yes, underneath the Cosmo Cricket piece is s square of black polka-dotted Rusty Pickle. I used a Martha Stewart Border Punch on the bottom of it, which was also a suggestion from Stamp Something. I thought it really set off the border part of the Magnolia stamp, too. Btw, I raised the sentiment and stamped image with Pop Dots.
Hope you like my Autumn card! Thanks for looking and have a blessed day!

7 comments:

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Beautiful card, love the details. It sure is hard to pick a fav stamp! Love your choice though. Thanks for playing at Stamp Something. :)

Fink said...

Just love how you used the brackets as part of the sketch! Thanks for joining us at ICS

Dawn♥ said...

Ahhh Lynn your card is STUNNING. Love the beautiful image, papers and what a unique take on the sketch. Lovely job well done. Thank you for playing along at ICS!
♥Dawn♥
Owner of ICS

Anonymous said...

Hi Lynne..
WoW I love your fabulous card..
Thanks for joining in with the ICS this week..:)x

wendipooh13 said...

oh Lynn that is soo clver to use the brackets on the strips!!! what a cool idea!! wonderful card. great job with the IC card sketch this week!!

Anonymous said...

I really like that card! The crow is a very nice touch!

And, thanks for the comment on my blog! Yes, it is a Sarah Kay image but it's a digital stamp...email me and I can send you the link.

amanda{dot}newtn{at}gmail{dot}com

Thanks! :D

queen-of-nostalgia said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog :) I think the new stamp you are thinking of is from the new Tim Holtz stamps :) They are fabulous! I have a few coming my way soon... I can't wait!

Thanks again, and have a great day :)
Kristen