Thursday, September 3, 2009

A Few Creations from the MSW Crop

I have not been keeping up with my blog, that's obvious! I have been frantically trying to finish the 15 minimum challenges for the My Sketch World ABC Summer Crop, which I did at literally the last minute! Doesn't that sound like the Lynn you know? : ) Lots of the girls finished over twenty of the challenges and Ginni, Lois, and Skippy finished them all! Amazing!

Since I haven't kept up with anything else, including this blog, I thought I would show you some of what I have been doing. I wanted you to see the lo (layout) I did of my niece, Heather's, new baby - Max. The lo was based on Lucy's August Sketch. Max was born August 2nd. So this was his "Welcome" lo from me! I will be doing more lo's of Max and of he and big sis, Olivia, soon!


Also, here are some cards I did. Not going to post all of them, just a few of my fav's except for a couple that are getting mailed out to someone. Don't want anyone to see his or her card ahead of time! Remember, this was an ABC Challenge. So, this Happy Birthday card was for H.





The stamp is from Stampington. I LOVE their stamps. The base card was done with Perfect Pearls. The image was colored with Prisma Pencils blended with GooGone. Lots of artists used GooGone in place of OMS, which is what I did. I used a Q-tip to chalk the background of the image panel.



The next card was made for V is for Violet. I made the
background by dabbing Ranger Alcohol Inks on a
glossy cardstock. I love playing with alcohol inks. This is
something Tim Holtz and I definitely agree on! The flowers
are Primas. The top panel is stamped with a Hero Arts
Stamp.


















Two more cards to show you. One is T is for Turquoise Thank You. I stamped 2 panels with another Stampington Stamp for this one. The great thing about Stampington stamps is that they are pretty much wonderful all by themselves! I just used some ribbon from my stash and did distress the whole thing quite heavily with Ranger Inks. The sentiment is from MSE.


This last card is one I was really happy with,
even though
it is relatively simple looking.


It was made for F is for Four
Flowers. The background pp is
Basic Grey Lemonade. The
left border is from Bobunny.


The stamps are from Hero
Arts and one of the flowers is from
Autumn Leaves. I stamped each
flower on watercolor paper, colored
them with watercolor pencils and
sprayed them with Glimmer Mist.
This is a technique I hadn't tried
before, and I will definitely do
again!
I wish you could see the shimmer
on the flowers like you can see IRL.

One last creation! I saved MY baby for last. No, not Matt. My OTHER baby - Cotton. This lo was for Q is for Quiet. This is a photo I took of Cotton on my loveseat this past July. He was about to doze off. Ahhhhhhhh...................isn't he cute? Not as cute as Matt......lol I hope Matt is reading this and getting embarrassed! I can do a better job than this, though! So, on to Cotton.........



Whew......that's all for tonight! This will teach me not to get behind on blogging! Thanks for stopping by, and I hope everyone has a blessed Friday!

1 comment:

Vanessa C. said...

Love all your wonderful cards! Just wanted to say I'm enjoying your positive posts at FH2S.