Friday, July 17, 2009

SPCC Challenge 6






These are the colors for Samantha's Color Combo Challenge this week. We had four colors to work with, which made it fun but more challenging for me. I have to admit that since I finally decided to do a lo for this challenge instead of a card, I had to go out and shop a little. I just didn't have any pp that made me happy with those colors. The lo that I did is of my mother and Charles (my stepdad). The photos were taken the last summer she was well, so I wanted to have some paper that I really liked. The pp is from My Mind's Eye, The Laundry Line Collection. It is really pretty. Dont' think the photo of the lo adequately shows the shimmer of either of the pp. The colors are all a really close match - probably the best I have done yet. Hope you can tell!


The quote on the vintage "playing card" says, "If you have but one smile in you, give it to someone you love". I put some blue Stickles on the bird die cut for a little extra bling, and some brown Stickles in the middle of the bottom die cut. The die cuts are all from the same line as the pp. The frames around the photos are cut out of acetate.
Remember, today is the last day to apply for the DT at SPCC. Samantha also mentioned a surprise! Hmmm........Guess we all need to stop by and check it out! I know I will. Good luck to everyone who is applying for the DT! Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Susan said...

Your LO is lovely. I'm a great fan of "bling".

suzARTe said...

gorgeous LO.

thescrapmaster said...

Very pretty Lynn. I love the circles!
Hugs,
Samantha
SPCC Creator

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

Love how your circle theme is reflected in your elements, pps, mats, embellies. Very nice LO.

Gwen

Joan said...

Great layout!!

Stephanie said...

Love your LO! Great job!