Tuesday, July 7, 2009

You Are Invited to my new ATC swap!




I am hosting a new ATC swap. You can sign up here and at here or Memories from the Attic.

But before I give you the info on the swap, I just wanted to explain the pic I have posted today. The lo I did yesterday for the challenge at SPCC just did not make me happy. This is pretty normal for me. I often finish a card or lo (especially lo's) and look at them the next day with a fresh eye. Then I change them. I decided this one had too many bright colors for the old photo. I also love to cluster embellies around a pic, but decided that there were so many that they just took away from the photo, instead of enhancing it. So I removed a lot of those, removed the word FAMILY and made a little element that I thought was more in keeping with photo. Then I went over the word POP with a brown marker to soften the bright green of those Martha Stewart letters. Also distressed the frame a little more. I like it much better. That is what I get for waiting until the last minute to do a challenge. This is twice I have had posts like this lately! lol


Back to the swap. a few of the girls at the Attic are ready to do another swap and have given me their ideas for the theme. So with that in mind, the theme for our next swap will be: BIRDS AND BUTTERFLIES! Any technique you want to use if fine. That will be totally up to you.

EVERYONE is invited to participate, even if you have not swapped with us before, and you don't have to be a member at the Attic. You can sign up here at my blog

This is a 3/3 swap as usual. By that I mean, make 3 ATCs and you will get 3 in return. You may make all of the ATCs basically the same, or you may make them all entirely different. Send them to me with a sase (self-addressed stamped envelope). Please put 2 stamps on the return envelope, as I usually add some extra packaging if you haven't already. I would hate to think anything happened to your ATCs in the mail! The cut off date to sign up or withdraw will be July 24th. Please get them to me by July 30.

Comment here or email me when you need my addy to send me your creations . I will email my address back to you. Also, when I get all of them, I would love to post pics of all of the ATCs here for everyone to enjoy if you don't mind! If you don't want yours posted, be sure and let me know!

Remember, newbies are welcome! I will be glad to help you in any way I can. Let me know if you have any questions.
Come on ladies and swap! ATCs are so much fun. There may even be a RAK involved if we get enough swappers. I am pondering that one and will let you know right away!

No comments: