Thursday, July 30, 2009

Gwen's Card Challenge to Make a Child Smile

Gwen has a wonderful challenge at her blog. It is to make a card for a child at the Make a Child Smile organization. The link to their site is on my sidebar, in case this inner link doesn't work (which always happens to me! lol) You post your card and a photo of the child you picked to send a card to. You also post a link to the organization. Then link your post in Gwen's comments for the challenge. This is such an awesome thing that Gwen is doing - she is giving a TOTALLY SWEET RAK for the random winner. Hurry though! You have until tomorrow night (7/31) at midnight to get your card in.
Please read her blog. She has lots of info about the organization. If you click on the link in my sidebar, which will stay there, you can go directly to the site at any time. New children are featured all the time. You send a card or maybe a little more. Please take the time to read all about it. I am pretty amazed that our cards can make such a difference for these kids that are very sick. Here is the card I am sending:




The pp is CTMH, and the stamp is one I got from Memories from the Attic. It is by Imaginsce, the Twitterpattered Collection. I colored it with Copics, and highlighted it with Stickles. I think it will be the perfect card for this young lady:





This is Ariel, and she is 15. Her pic is on the front of the Make A Child Smile site as a featured child. She has intractable epilepsy. You can read all about her at the site. Isn't she a pretty young lady?! I am so glad that Gwen gave me the scoop on this site! I hope lots of you will take her challenge!
Thanks for stopping by and have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

Wow! Lynn...your card is adorable and I really appreciate the information you put in your blog regarding MACS. Thanks so much for playing along.

I love that little Imaginisce bird, just the cutest little guy.

Smiles!
Gwen