Sunday, August 2, 2009

Inky Impressions 2nd Design Team Call

I found out at that Inky Impressions is having another DT call! Yay!! I am not lucky enough to have any of their adorable stamps, just cause I don't have the $$$$ at this point. (Don't you hear me say that all the time? lol) This stamp company is not that old. I love it for lots of reasons. One is that it is a dream come true to actually have this company for the owner, Nicole. That is so exciting. The other thing I like is that she names the cute little girl stamps after her children! How sweet! The final reason is, of course, that I love their stamps and want them all! Everyone needs to have a look at them. If my internal link doesn't work, I have a link to them on my sidebar.


For this call they want a post of your fav card that has coloring and another project besides a card that has coloring. So I couldn't decide about my favorite card with coloring. There are 2 that you have seen just recently, so you are going to have to see them AGAIN!. OH NO! lol The thing is that I have only gotten a good Copic collection recently, and those are my favorite cards I've colored. I do have lots more, but they were colored with Prisma pencils (with GooGone - a technique that I like). I also have some colored with Perfect Pearls, which I also love. However, I have only gone crazy coloring since I discovered the Copics! Anway, here are these that you know:



The altered item was just made for my cousin Bobby's birthday. It is a little wooden holder that I got at AC Moore. I sanded it and then went crazy using a direct to ink technique and various colors of inks. One side has the words "Bible Verses for You" printed on a transparency and adhered. It also has a flower from Stampin Up that I colored with Copics and cut out, and a little squirrel from a Unity Stamp set that I colored, cut out, and adhered also. The other side has the coloring that is important for this DT call. It has a stamped image of a church that I colored with Copics, chalked the background, cut out and adhered. Also added 3 little jewels for bling. The whole Verse Holder has a ton of ribbons from my stash tied to the handles. So here it all is! I am very excited about the chance to be on this team (although I know the competition is unbelieveable), but I had to try!





I should add that the verses are from an old verse a day flip book. The cover is off, so I'm not sure who it is by. I am taking the verses and adhering them to white cardstock, about the size of an ATC. Hope ya'll like my card holder. You could use it to hold anything, of course. Btw, I did cover the inside with pp also. Now I have to go make more verse cards!

Wish me luck, girls and have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice projects! Your card is adorable. Thank you for applying to be on the Inky Impressions Design Team. Best of luck!! >:0)