Saturday, August 22, 2009

R is for Red, Ribbons and Rub Ons Challenge

I made this card for the ABC Summer Crop at My Sketch World (link on my sidebar!). There have been so many amazing cards and lo's done for this crop. I really hope I can catch up here as the month ends. I have been so busy and STRESSED with Matt going to Liberty and dh going to trucking school that I am still so far behind on so many challenges! The good news is that Matt seems to be getting settled in at Liberty and making friends. Talk about an answer to prayer! (I want to thank all of you who have been praying for him!) Kent has already finished his first week and doing well on all the tests. He is actually home for the weekend. After that, he has two weeks left at school. We are praying that he is able to find a job where he will be able to come home on a regular basis. So many truckers are away from home A LOT their first year. However, we have really been blessed that it worked out for him to go to this training in the first place. So I will try not to worry and leave this in the hands of our awesome God!

As you can see in the title, for the letter R, Suzann's challenge was for us to make a card using red, ribbons and rub ons. I thought that this was such a cute idea for this challenge! I took a brown base card, layered it with a multi-colored pp and then the red pp. I distressed the edges quite a bit, adhered 2 ribbons (from Prima) at the bottom of the card, and cut up a third ribbon from Making Memories to make the red and white "flower" with a red brad in the center. The large owl is a rub on from Glitz, and the little flowers and butterfly are Fancy Pants rub ons. The 2nd owl was made by using a stamp from Inkadinkado. I stamped, heat embossed it, cut it out, and adhered with popdots. The sentiment (from Sassafras Lass) was also stamped and heat embossed. I used extra fine clear embossing powder on each stamp, btw. The white chipboard flower was from my stash, along with the red jewel which I glued to the middle.

Thanks for looking and have a blessed day!

No comments: