Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Layouts for a Change

Just thought I would show you what I have been working on the last couple of days. No cards right now. I am trying to get some challenges done for the ABC Summer Crop at My Sketch World. You can't miss that big link in my sidebar if you'd like to see what's going on there. Lots of cool challenges and marvelous creations. This challenge I did was for the letter I, which is for Inky. The words "Biltmore House" are stamped, and I directly inked the large chipboard flower from Fancy Pants, then covered the stem with Glossy Accents. I have been wanting to do a lo of those pics of Matt (my ds) from that Biltmore trip. He was only 3 and was scared of those huge statues. What a mean mother I was to make him pose there! Of course, he wanted to pose next to them till he got up close and personal with them! lol They made him look even smaller!



The next lo is for an ad challenge at From Here to Scrapternity (the link is also in my sidebar). I really loved the ad, which was a vintage sort of pic of a lady holding a bday cake, with some text down in the lower right hand corner. The color was a lovely mixture of tones of a kind of rich burgandy. So here is my take on the challenge:

The photo is of my mom and her friend. My mom is on the right. She is 19 years old in 1941 and so pretty. I was happy with my colors inspired by the ad. I love the BG lace doily pp. I also love my Prima flowers. I took the sticker of the watch from Crafty Secrets and layered it on top of a chipboard circle that I cut with a circle punch, then put that on pop dots for dimension. The journaling diecut is from K & Co. I colored the design on it with my Copics. Have to use my growing collection of Copics whenever I can! I am trying to find all of the photos I can of my mom when she was younger, scrap those and get them in one album for Matt. She passed away in 2001, and we all miss her. I treasure every photo I have of her and only hope my lo's can begin to do them justice!

Be sure and stop by FH2S and check out their other challenges and the friendly folks. (You'll find those at both sites!) Thanks for stopping by and have a blessed day!

No comments: