Thursday, August 6, 2009

Time/Clock Themed ATCs

I love ATCs (that is Artist Trading Cards, in case you are not familiar with the term) and always had a monthly swap going at Memories from the Attic. A few of the girls and I did a swap with the theme of Time or Clocks. One of the girls lives in Canada, so I received her ATCs for the Time swap and for the swap that is going on now. (More about that when I have a little more time, because I am hoping I can get some more of you to join the current swap, which means I am extending the deadline).


Right now I have a minute, so thought I would show you the 3 I did for the Time Theme. The first one is a real picture cut out from a magazine for teaching piano, published in the forties. I inked it (and all of these ATCs) with Ranger Tea Dye Distress Ink. I am not sure how well you can see the black epoxy writing strip that I adhered, but it says "Time stands still". Underneath I added some stickers to say NOT. lol My pardons to the lady in the photo!

Directly underneath that one is my fav of the three. The background is actual text, also taken from a magazine from the '40s. I then stamped the 3 partial clock faces in the same Tea Dye Distress Ink, heat embossed them with clear embossing powder, cut them out, inked the edges in grey, and adhered them to the background. I then cut out a Jenni Bowlin die cut with the black design and a quote by Thomas Edison saying "There is time for everything". The watch is a sticker from my stash.

The last ATC has a vintage photo of a child from a book of ATC images. It has an epoxy frame around it that says "A moment in time". The calendar portion and watch are from that same sticker sheet in my stash. I have my fav Tea Dye ink spread here and there. You can't see the original ATC, but I tried a technique I read about where you light a candle and make soot on your ATC. Then you stamp into the soot. I couldn't get enough soot to matter. I realized that the tutorial I read used Stampbord (sp?) for the original ATC, so I wonder if that is what made the soot technique work. I don't even know what Stampbord is, which is one reason I don't know if I am spelling it correctly. Maybe someone could clue me in!

As I mentioned earlier in this post and in a previous post, we have a swap open now . I need to go and see exactly how I worded the theme when I posted it here and MSW. So I'll be back with more info, and maybe you will be inspired to swap with us. I have birds and butterflies on the ATCs for this swap, so that should give you SOME idea of what we are doing!

Be sure and stop back by and see and have a blessed day!

No comments: